Oh. My. God. What the hell, guys.
You are bashing a man for something he did in high school.
- First off, this happened in high school.Are you seriously judging a man for something he did in high school? Have you never done something you regret in high school?
- This happened50 years ago.FIFTY.Have you not grown and want people to not decide who you are as you are and not by what you did in the past?
- Also, 50 years ago? Yeah, gay bashing was not really a big problem in high schools back then. You know what was going around that time?Hippies. Those people who were non-conformist with long hair and gaudy clothing? Yup. Them.
- The victim’s family were contacted (what was left of them, as it has been quite a long time) andtheydon’t understand why this was bought up and is such a big deal today.
- The media is making a big deal of this because they are petty and use anything they can to bash whatever political party that they don’t like. They don’t care about facts, they just want a story. Pleasedon’t fall prey to media schemes and believe what they tell you. That is extremely foolish. Always question. Never accept something outright.
So I understand that you may not like Romney because of his beliefs, what he’s said or done recently, and different parts of his campaign. Heck, I’m Republican and I don’t even really like him all that much. But please, don’t be an ass and judge someone for something they did - not only in high school - but50 years ago.
At eighteen, he held down another student, cut his hair off while the other begged him to stop, and then walked off, cool as you please. At 65, he’s anti-gay rights. Who he was as a teenager says a lot about who he is now.
I’m queer. Knowing he did this as a teenager tells me that he’s not just anti-LGBT to win his party over, he’s anti-LGBT because he hates us. And that tells me how dangerous he’ll be if he ever gets elected.
Also- homophobia, institutionalized discrimination, and gay-bashing was, in fact, a thing in the fifties. A very big thing, if you were queer. Why else would we have been in the closet?
Check the links: