!!! LOVE. So much LOVE for this post. I can’t stop grinning. Um - just a quick question, are you considering a response for the other Disc-themed prompt I sent you? Just curious.
yeah, but that one’ll take more thought. Scenarios to explore, etc. Plus Yoko just sprung some new stuff on me. (They found a way to be more morally grey than they were originally. Like, JFC Yoko, Itachi has fucked Sasuke up enough, you don’t need to get in the game too.)
hamelin-born asked: (Not even trying to be remotely serious). How have Yoko's stories of Discworld influenced the Uchiha 1.5?
- More than one Uchiha has ruined the solemn nature of giving their oath to serve by beginning with “I comma square bracket insert graduate’s name here square bracket…”
- The simple fact that ‘witch’ is a serious career aspiration for at least half a dozen non-male gendered Uchiha of every generation. They’re working on making borrowing work with chakra, and they’ve had excellent progress so far.
- Generation three had an Uchiha successfully campaign for a scorpion pit to be added to T&I’s base.
- The mere existence of the bonsai topiary maze, a little bigger than two hands cupped together, which is a proud family heirloom by generation five.
- 1.5 has a game called ‘Carrot, Vimes, or Vetinari’ they use to classify other shinobi. Naruto’s a Carrot, obviously.
- Police Uchiha wear sandals with the soles specially shaved down till they can feel the difference in stone textures beneath their feet.
- Generation two was very, very proud of the young police officer who arrested a kage. They were called Vimes for the rest of their career.
- Mostly-joking refusal to believe in the existence of bijuu, based on their being no logical explanation for them. (And no, they don’t consider ‘look at the damage the kyuubi did’ as, quote, ‘much of an argument’.)
I’m going to stab whoever wrote this economics book.
It’s the afterlife, and the topic for today is who’s fault this mess was. Somebody is responsible for everything that went wrong, and Tobirama, Danzo, Obito and Madara are all determined to pin the blame on somebody besides themself.
Featuring: Tobirama and Madara agreeing on something, Uchiha refusing to take responsibility for their actions, and the laundry list of why Danzo sucked.
These Red-winged Blackbirds riding around on a Red-tailed Hawk. Incredible! Apparently this isn’t all that uncommon. Read more about it on the source’s website.
Tobias and his pet freeloaders.
hamelin-born asked: Things Yoko does that make the Leaf want to tear out their hair and scream.
1. Say ‘Tsuchikage-sama’ like the man hung the stars and moon.
2. Causally mention things which Leaf thought nobody knew about.
3. Always, always, always failing to take the bait in any confrontation.
4. The fact that they trained their kids to do the same, GDI.
5. They’re responsible for the fact that the ‘Iwa branch of the Uchiha clan’ is a thing.
6. Their habit of mailing Danzo jars of eyeballs.
7. When there’s diplomacy happening between Rock and Leaf, they’ll be present at every. single. goddamn. meeting.
8. Wear their hair like Madara did when they attend those meetings.
9. Flirt with the Leaf genin at the chunin exams.
10. Smile like that.
And he distrusted the kind of person who’d take one look at another man and say in a lordly voice to his companion, “Ah, my dear sir, I can tell you nothing except that he is a left-handed stone mason who has spent some years in the merchant navy and has recently fallen on hard times,” and then unroll a lot of supercilious commentary about calluses and stance and the state of a man’s boots, when exactly the same comments could apply to a man who was wearing his old clothes because he’d been doing a spot of home bricklaying for a new barbecue pit, and had been tattooed once when he was drunk and seventeen (these terms are often synonymous) and in fact got seasick on a wet pavement."
Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay, (via jamesphillimoresumbrella)
Someday, somebody is going to set Vimes on the Sherlock from the BBC series, and it will be fucking glorious.
Aurora and the ‘please stop trying to adopt every fuzzy thing you find, Christ I need a drink’.
Pre-serum Steve not above taking money for sex [Bucky isn’t a fan but there’s only so much he can do when they’re both starving and in need of...
My kingdom for Bucky hanging out with the Avengers (he’s there bc Steve’s there) and there’s like some debate going on about whether ketchup goes...
Can I just say that one of my very favorite parts of...